Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It’s The Unexpected Things That Touch You The Most

Once upon a time, I gave the link of my blog to someone in passing. (Okay, okay, it was quite recently, but that doesn’t sound as good.) This person promised to read it, but on one condition.

Seeing as the passing of the link came over a social media site, I did not know the condition right away. I expected it to be something funny or odd, like put this phrase in your next post or read something I wrote about one of my travel experiences or throw me a shout-out.

Instead, the request made me cry a little bit.

Granted, I’ve been doing that more and more frequently as of late, but still. It wasn’t funny or silly or anything that I thought it would be. What it happened to be was very sweet and genuine. (For the record, it was the good kind of crying, and I laughed some, too; it wasn’t as though it was depressing.)

And so, to the person who gave the condition, I know I’ve already agreed. However, I’m sticking it here anyways, because this seems more durable than a quick replied message:

I promise. 

I know your condition might not manage to come about next year, or even the year after, or maybe a while longer than that, but I promise.


And hey, maybe I’ll throw in a shout-out in a future post anyways. ;) 

1 comment: