Sunday, May 19, 2013

The One-Month-Out Mark

…was not today.

 It was actually three days ago. Oops. That being said, I guess I can say that it is, in fact, the one-month-out mark for my first full day in Rabat. (!!!)

It’s true that I leave the 16th (Hey, I just realized that even though it’s not the Gregorian one-month-out mark, it is four weeks out today. Eek! ), but since I’ll be at an orientation in New York until the 18th, my first day is technically the 19th! I can’t believe it. Four weeks away, and it’s still surreal.

I would try to describe what I’m feeling right now, except that it would be wholly inadequate and superficial. (Total language issue happening. Wait…why does everything tie back to TOK?!? Ahhhhh!)

I’ll just say that it is a roiling pot of emotions, the most predominant of which is excitement, the next of which is fear, followed closely by shut up, fear, it’s Morocco, and finally by but it is the unknown. (My emotions communicate with other. Quite a bit. And my parents wonder why I can’t sleep at night. Stupid internal dialogue.) There are plenty of almost-indistinguishable others, all bunched up tight, but suffice to say that right now, my exhilaration is reigning supreme.

So now, as the date approaches, the really difficult part is left.

Packing.

*Falls over melodramatically.* 

Was there a point to this post? 

Umm, not really? 

No comments:

Post a Comment