Saturday, June 15, 2013

’Cause I’m Leavin’ On A Jet Plane

I’d say I don’t know when I’ll be back again, except that I do. (August 5th for inquiring minds.)  

You know, the more I blog, the harder it becomes to find interesting topics. You (meaning: me) don’t realize how irrelevant and disgustingly boring your life is until you try to blog about it, and make it sound interesting. Granted, I have a little help (okay, a lot) from NSLI-Y and the whole Rabat-thing. But there’s only so many times that I can moan about packing or muse about what Morocco will be like. And it just makes me realize how entirely small and inconsequential my life—and really, our existence in general—is.

Getting all existentialist freaks me out, because the thing about existentialism and me is that it tends to have a snowball effect; going and going and going.

Fortunately, the adventure is beginning, and suddenly, as a result, life seems more interconnected and interesting. By this time tomorrow, I will be on a plane to New York (or in New York, as the case may be), soon after which, I will be on a plane to Rabat (well, Casablanca, but now we’re splitting hairs).

The other half of this post: me griping/making excuses.

If you weren’t aware, blogging takes a lot of time. For every minute you spend reading, I probably spend 20-25 minutes writing, and another 5-10 minutes editing/debating whether I should include what I’ve just written. (See: the downs of being a perfectionist.)

Some of the posts have been rather long, so as many of you may have guessed, large chunks of time have gone to blogging when I should, say, have been doing homework. (The plights of a high-schooler. *Sigh* . . . You know, I should probably quit being so melodramatic.)

And lately I’ve been so swamped that there hasn’t been time. Yeah, I’m kind of figuring that the same chaos from the last week of school will basically be my life over the summer.

The point is (yes, there actually is one), my suspicions are confirmed that any resolve I have to blog regularly will go out the window once I get to Morocco. I’d consider stockpiling posts like I have been, except that being in Morocco negates that idea. Whoops.

So now, of course, with the simultaneous idea of adventure and no time to chronicle it all, I bid you all adieu for a few days. Or longer. Or maybe just until I get to Morocco.

In any event, see you on the flip side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment