Thursday, June 13, 2013

Can I Give You A Word Of Wisdom?

Since you’re here, actually reading, and not some random person on the internet (Hello, person aimlessly clicking through blogs and now feeling awkward!), I’m going to assume that I can. It is my blog, after all.

I think saying goodbye can be just as hard when you’re the one that is left behind as it is when you're the one that is leaving. (I learned this recently.) At least when you’re leaving, you’re going somewhere, which makes it the teensiest bit better. But then again, I have very limited experience, and a bias towards the idea of going places. 

I feel like I was originally going to post more about this, but I guess I’m just in an emotionally numb place right now, and I can’t find more/better words. To those of you who I’ve said goodbye to: I’ll miss you a lot. However, I’m trying to look at this as Not-A-Goodbye, but a See-You-Later.

Advice to be gained: Be the one travelling to cool places. :) Which is convenient, because you know (unless you’re that aforementioned random person, who is probably feeling awkward all over again) that I will be doing just that. In three days. Holy cow. Three days!

Also (more words of wisdom): Be more organized about packing than I’ve been. So far, I’ve been pretty lax about the whole thing, except for when I’ve frantically developed shopping lists that my mother has been kind enough to help me with. Actually, she’s pretty much been a Godsend with this whole thing.

But enough of my griping. Because guess what!

I HAVE MY HOST FAMILY.

WHICH MAKES ME VERY EXCITED. ALL OVER AGAIN.

BECAUSE I AM LEAVING SOON.

As you can probably tell from the caps-lock that seems to have taken over my computer.

Anyways, I’m trying not to imagine what it will be like, or create too many expectations, since everything will be totally different, and it’s best to try to minimize culture shock.

But I will say that from the little I know about them, I really like them. Which is crazy, since it is so little information. Then again, these are the people that I will be living with for the next 7 weeks. Isn't it kind of natural to want to like them, and thus like them? 

I don't know, but I have been super excited about them for the past few days. 

So the feelings of sadness are balanced by ones of hope. It's all part of the experience, I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment